We will be open as usual from 4p.m. to 9p.m.!
Yeah! Summer is unofficially here! We are so glad that we just caught up the season and updated our menu! Creamy Dill Potato Salad is definitely our newest favorite on the menu! It is made with all fresh produce. Not only it tastes amazing, the health benefit of it is great! Dill helps lower cholesterol, boost energy and aid digestion, protect against free radicals, etc. have you tried it yet? Please share your feedback with us 😜. Wait…. did we say it is oil free, soy free, nut free, sugar free and gluten free?
There are more gluten free, soy free and oil free and even sugar free items! Stay tuned for more info and photos of our new items =).
🙀🙀🙀🙀 It is such an honor to be recommended by Michelin Guide!!!! Thank you so so so so much!!!! We really love what we do and this is an extra reward for us!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Our goal is to create a wonderland for vegans and those who like and want to adopt a plant-based diet, to enjoy flavorful and healthy 100% vegan dishes. We aim to make a difference to people think about being vegans. We want to make it easy for people who wants to go vegan.
Also, We are hiring both front and back house team members. Please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Love you all!
Life is beautiful. It’s not scary, it’s not good or bad, it doesn’t promise to be anything, it’s just life.
We are super excited! Edgewater Chamber of Commerce invited us to celebrate International Women’s Day with them. We will provide samples of our signature dishes along with a variety of ethnic cuisines at restaurants led by women in Edgewater! We are so proud to be a woman and minority owned business!
Please come to support local women owned businesses on March 8th! Here’s more info: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/slider/2881453
Hey! We are so honored to be chosen by Chicago VeganMania (CVM) to host this awesome event this Sunday, February 12th (11:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.)!
Come to join us for Chicago VeganMania‘s annual vegan Valentine’s Day bake sale at our location – 5812 N. Broadway, Chicago IL. We will donate 10% of our sales during the bake sale to CVM.
So, what is Chicago VeganMania (CVM)?
CVM brings dozens of cruelty-free vendors, amazing speakers, panels, cooking demos and more to help build a more compassionate, just and healthy planet, and unlike many other festivals, they do this without an admission fee. Please help them to continue putting on this expensive event for free AND enjoy delicious vegan treats by supporting our annual vegan Valentine’s Day bake sale.
Grab some lunch before or after choosing your treats. Treats will be for sale at the event and pre-orders will also be available as well. Suffice it to say that there will have raw, gluten-free, glutenous, chocolate-y, cupcake-y, coffeecake-y, cookie-y, decadantly and righteously all-vegan options at our extravaganza. Please share with friends and plan on it. 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/events/669310886582211/permalink/684763658370267/
We are super excited and there’re only 18 seats left after the event posted yesterday!
Please see details below or click the link above for RSVP with ChicagoVeg Meetup page.
• Crunchy Sweet Potato (GF) – Toasted Pecan, Sweet Potato and Pomegranate.
Salad (Soy Free, can be made nut free):
• Watercress Arugula Salad (GF) – Watercress, Arugula, Walnuts, Apples, Beets, House made Apple Vinegar Dressing
Appetizer (Nut Free):
• Butternut Squash Won Ton (soy free) – Butternut Squash, garlic, sage, olive oil and wheat flour wrap.
• Yaki Enoki Roll (GF) – Enoki mushroom, eggplant and zucchini.
Soup (Nut Free):
• Herbal Soup (GF) – Chinese Herbs with Seasoned Tofu.
The root herbs-astragalus, codonopsis, and dioscorea-are classified by Chinese herbalists as qi tonics. They benefit digestion, aid absorption of nutrients, improve cardiac function, and enhance energy.
First Main Dish (Nut Free):
• Pesto Quinoa (GF) – Organic quinoa, edamame, shiitake mushroom, broccoli, and radish.
• Spicy Stir-fried Soba Noodles – Buckwheat noodles, broccoli, shiitake mushroom, bokchoy, jalapeno.
• Malay’s Kung Pao – Non-GMO soybean protein, red peppers, green peppers, onions, ginger, peanuts on top (can be nut free).
• Thai’s Massaman’s Curry (GF) – Non-GMO tofu, coconut milk, onion, peanuts, potatoes, sweet potatoes, bay leaves, cinnamon, chili, tamarind sauce and cashews on top.
• Red Bean Soup (GF) – Traditional and popular dessert in China, Japan, Korean and Vietnam. Our version is Cantonese style – organic red bean, tapioca, and coconut milk.
• Kinoko Mochi (GF) is a traditional Japanese dish that is traditionally made on New Year’s Day for luck. (Soy free without Kinoko) – Roasted soy flour, glutinuous rice, red bean.
• Thai Iced Tea (GF) – House brewed Thai tea leaves with organic soy milk.
Pre-pay refund policy: 100% refund if requested at least 48 hours before the event by calling the restaurant (in its working hours). No refund after that.
RSVP policy: Restaurant will be making food according the number of attendees we provide. If you RSVP for the event you agree that you will be responsible for a payment regardless if you come or not unless you cancel your RSVP at least 48 hours before the event. Anyone who is still on the RSVP list and “no show” will be responsible for $30 per person (including the guests in the RSVP) payable within two weeks after the event.
Space is limited – You must RSVP to attend.
Invite your non-vegan friends to show them how tasty vegan food can be!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, CHICAGO!
The entire team here at Alice & Friends, would like to wish you and your family a very happy and fruitful 2017. 2016 proved to be incredible year for us. We are excited and honored to be voted amongst the top 3 ChicagoVeg choice restaurants in Chicago.
We will be closed on New Years Day – January 1st, 2017 (Sunday).